Welcome to Jirka Kosek's homepage
Most of the information on my site is in
the Czech language. Several resources are also available in
English. This page contains my brief CV and links to other English
pages on my site.
So, who am I?
Not an easy question, because I wear several hats on my head:
- Freelance writer and journalist – writer of books
and articles concerning Internet technologies (HTML, PHP, XML, XSLT
- Training lector and consultant – book publishing in
the Czech Republic is not the most lucrative job, other monetary
supplements are welcomed. Thus I lead training courses regularly.
These courses are devoted to creating web applications (PHP), XML
technologies (core XML, DTD, schema languages, CSS, XSLT, XML API
– SAX and DOM), DocBook and several others. I also offer
consulting services related to usage of markup technologies and
electronic publishing. My customers are both corporations and
- University teacher – I lead two courses at the
University of Economics in Prague. One
course is devoted to the creation of web pages and web applications,
second is the XML technology one.
- Open source developer – I'm a member of DocBook developers team.
This team is developing and improving DSSSL and XSL stylesheets for
formatting DocBook documents. I
am fortunated to claim responsibility for the creation of HTML Help,
internationalized indexing and profiling support in XSL
- Standardization folk – I'm OASIS individual member where
I participate in DocBook and Entity Resolution Technical
Committees. I'm also Czech representative in ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34 working
- PhD student – after finishing Master degree in
knowledge engineering I'm slowly progressing in my academic
My English resources
If you want contact me, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
© Jiøí Kosek 2001
$Id: index-en.html,v 1.6 2006/02/16 09:28:18 jkj Exp $